Kim Possible Disney Channel movie finds cast
Disney Channel is in the process of creating a live action television film based on Kim Possible. Written by the animated series’ creators Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley, the movie will launch sometime on the channel in 2019. Adam B. Stein (Mech-X4) and Zach Lipovsky are co-directing and producing. With filming set to get underway next month in Vancouver, BC, Disney has revealed the movie’s main cast:
- Sadie Stanley as Kim Possible
- Sean Giambrone as Ron Stoppable
- Alyson Hannigan as Dr. Ann Possible
- Todd Stashwick as Dr. Drakken
- Taylor Ortega as Shego
- Ciara Wilson as Athena
- Erika Tham as Bonnie
Disney shared a photo of the cast at a table read for the script (above). They also released a promotional video last month featuring the original show’s lead voice actors Christy Carlson Romano and Will Friedle trying to turn back time and play their live action counterparts.
Debuting in 2002, Kim Possible was one of the first major animated Disney Channel success stories. The series ran for 87 episodes and two television films before concluding in 2007.
Latest posts by Takao (see all)
- Zoids Wild gets English debut in the Philippines, Singapore - March 13, 2019
- Scarygirl gets animated series from Dark Slope Studios - January 26, 2019
- Netflix’s The Hollow returns for second season in 2020 - January 26, 2019