Canadian entertainment company DHX Media has published their 2017/2018 library catalogue and it’s revealed loads of new information on renewals and new series.
Starting off with new seasons of favourites:
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is coming back with a second season. The series will receive 26 new episodes, which brings its total count to 52 twenty-two minutes, or 104 eleven-minute segments. Cloudy aired on YTV in Canada and Cartoon Network in the United States.
- Inspector Gadget is getting a 13-episode fourth season. That brings the show’s total count to 52 twenty-two minutes or 104 eleven-minute segments. The series can be seen on Teletoon, Family Channel, Netflix and Universal Kids in North America.
- Gwen Stefani’s Kuu Kuu Harajuku will be back for a 26 episode third season, which now brings the show to a beefy 78 twenty-two minutes, or 156 eleven-minute segments. The series airs on Eleven in Australia, Family Channel in Canada, and Nick Jr. in the United States.
- Little People is getting a 26 episode second season, bringing the show to 52 twenty-two minutes, or 104 eleven-minute segments. The series airs on Universal Kids in the United States and Family Jr. in Canada.
- South Korea-Canada-China co-production Rainbow Ruby has more stories to tell. The show has been renewed for a 26 episode second season, bringing the total count up to 52 twenty-two minutes, or 104 eleven-minute segments.
- Supernoobs has also been renewed for a 26 episode second season. The series from the mind behind Johnny Test will now consist of 52 twenty-two minutes or 104 eleven-minute segments. Supernoobs aired on Teletoon in Canada and Cartoon Network in the United States. DHX recently signed a deal to stream the first season on Hulu.
DHX will also be distributing new seasons of Bob the Builder, Messy Goes to Okido and Fireman Sam.
The new Mega Man animated series will feature exciting new technologies and robots, as well as the introduction of Mega Man’s alter-ego, Aki Light. Aki is a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot who has nano-core technology that allows him to transform into the mega powered super hero Mega Man! With his Mega Buster arm cannon and iconic helmet, Mega Man defends Silicon City from all threats. Beloved characters, such as Mega Man’s robotic dog, Rush, will return – while new characters, like Mega Mini and Suna Light, will make their debut!
The new spin on Capcom’s classic platforming franchise will air on Cartoon Network in the United States and Family CHRGD in Canada. Jakks Pacific has signed on to produce toys based on the show. The first season will consist of 26 twenty-two minutes or 52 eleven-minutes. The CG-animated show is a joint production between DHX Studios Vancouver, Dentsu Entertainment and Man of Action.
When 11 year-old Polly Pocket shrinks to four inches tall, she discovers a world of unlimited adventures where the smallest person can make the biggest difference! Tiny is mighty! There’s no dream too big, no adventure too small for Polly Pocket!
The relaunch of the beloved girl’s minaturized toyline is a joint production between DHX Studios Vancouver and Mattel Creations. While a distribution platform has yet to be announced, the 2D-animated show’s first season will encompass 26 twenty-two minute episodes, plus a 44-minute TV special called “Polly Pocket: Tiny Power.”
DHX has alot in store for audiences this year. What are you looking forward to? Leave a comment down below!