Disney Launches Second Screen Live: The Little Mermaid
Starting on September 20, The Walt Disney Studios will give animation fans a whole new way to enjoy a classic film with a new interactive event called ‘Second Screen Live: The Little Mermaid,’ in which the timeless musical adventure will be shown once again on select theaters for a special limited engagement, with one special feature: the audience are encouraged to become part of the story.
Second Screen Live: The Little Mermaid will see the launch of Disney Second Screen Live, which is a new second-screen technology that allows viewers to interact with the film, with each other, and their fellow audience members via their tablet device.
In order to participate, viewers need to download the free Second Screen Live: The Little Mermaid App on an Apple iPad or iPad Mini and bring the device along to the screening where they can use it to interact with the film, play games, find hidden treasure, sing along, and even compete with other movie goers for the chance to win great prizes.
This brand new, magical theatrical experience starts on September 20 at the following theaters:
· City Center 15: Cinema de Lux; White Plains, NY
· Farmingdale Multiplex Cinemas; Farmingdale, NY
· Arclight Beach Cities; El Segundo, CA
· Arclight Sherman Oaks; Sherman Oaks, CA
· Muvico Thousand Oaks 14; Thousand Oaks, CA
· AMC Empire 25; New York, NY
· AMC Garden State 16; Paramus, NJ
· AMC Burbank 16; Burbank, CA
· AMC Downtown Disney 12; Anaheim, CA
· AMC Bay Street 16; Emeryville, CA
· AMC Town Center 20; Leawood, KS