Fan Artist Creates “Hunter x Hunter” Look-alikes Based on “Dragon Ball Z”
Even though Akira Toriyama’s Dragon Ball anime series has been off the air since 1997 (that’s also including Dragon Ball GT), it continues to influence modern day manga artists, including fans alike — and we have proof. Earlier today, fan artist by the name of “Takumi” uploaded a “fusion image” of Dragon Ball and Hunter x Hunter.
Each character is drawn very similar to Akira Toriyama’s style for Dragon Ball. It’s obvious to tell which characters represent DB characters, such as Killua as Vegeta, but are all of them suppose to represent a DB characters, or only some? Below is a full list showing each characters resembles.
- Gon – Gohan
- Killua – Vegeta
- Flutter – Krillin
- Meleoron – Yajirobi
- Knuckle – Yamcha
- Shoot – Andoird 16
- Morel – Captain Ginyu
- Meruem (King) – Cell
- Netero – Master Roshi
- Zeno – Jackie Chun
- Menthuthuyoupi – Super Buu
- Shaiapouf – Caroni
- Neferpitou – Cat girl Videl
- Kite – Trunks
- Knove – Bulma
What are your thoughts on the list? What’s your personal opinion of the type of characters Hunter x Hunter represents? Let us know!
Latest posts by Lindo Korchi (see all)
- Why is “Dragon Ball Z” Such a Popular Anime Series? [Review] - February 14, 2014
- “Hunter x Hunter” (2011) Episode 116 Anime Review [The Personality Change] - February 14, 2014
- Upcoming “Attack on Titan” Figures Showcased at Wonfes - February 11, 2014