Hasbro and Netflix announce Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters
Based on the classic toy originally introduced in 1976, Hasbro Studios and Netflix have teamed up for a brand new series set to debut later this year. Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters follows high school student Jake Armstrong and his two best friends Nathan Park and Ricardo Perez who are accidentally exposed to an experimental chemical that forever changes their seemingly normal lives, transforming them into unlikely heroes who embark on a series of adventures.
Stephen Davis, Chief Content Officer and Executive Vice President of Hasbro said, “We have hit a superhero sweet spot, and with Netflix’s global reach, kids across the world will fall in love with its fun characters and action-packed storyline.”
The two companies shared the main voice cast on the show:
● Jake Armstrong / Stretch – Scott Menville (Teen Titans Go!, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
● Nathan Park / Wingspan – Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead, Okja)
● Ricardo Perez / Omni-Mass – Ogie Banks (Ultimate Spider-Man)
● Rook – Wil Wheaton (Teen Titans Go!, Star Trek: The Next Generation)
● Erika – Felicia Day (The Guild, Supernatural)
● Kane – Keith David (Adventure Time, Rick and Morty)
● Dr. C – Kate Mulgrew (Orange is the New Black, Star Trek: Voyager)
● Mr. Savic – Walter Koenig (Star Trek, Babylon 5)
The first season will consist of 26 episodes and debut on Netflix sometime later this year. Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters is developed for television by Executive Producer and Supervising Director Victor Cook (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated) and Executive Producer/Story Editors/Head Writers Chris “Doc” Wyatt (Ultimate Spider-Man, Napoleon Dynamite) and Kevin Burke (Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble).
While this is the first Netflix series Hasbro is producing, the company is no stranger to web animation Earlier this year, they launched Hanazuki on YouTube. The show’s already set to get a second season. Hasbro will also release Transformers: Titans Return on go90. If you’re a TV fan, Hasbro still has you covered. Blazing Team’s second season recently debuted on Discovery Family.