Rovio Entertainment has recently appointed a number of new licensing agencies in EMEA in order to help maximize the full potential of the Angry Birds brand, as well as help other licensor and licensees in the region.
The list of new agents for the Angry Birds brand include the following:
- Biplano in France, Spain and Portugal
- Bulldog Licensing in the United Kingdom
- European Licensing Co. in Poland, Hungary and Eastern Europe
- Peter Bichler of Lizenzwerft GmbH in Germany
- Maurizio Distefano of The Evolution of Licensing in Italy
- Nordic Licensing Co. in Scandinavia and Benelux
- 20too Licensing in the Middle East
The Angry Birds franchise was borne out of a hit mobile game that has been downloaded more than 3 billion times, which has been followed by other successful games in the same genre and others, as well as various tie ins with popular brands such as Star Wars. The latest iteration of the main franchise, Angry Birds 2, is currently one of the fastest growing games in Rovio’s portfolio, boasting of 50 million downloads since its launch last July 30.