Walt Disney Teams Up with Christian Siriano for The Pirate Fairy
Walt Disney Studios and Christian Siriano have teamed up in order to bring to life the latest addition to the world of Tinker Bell and Neverland, the CG animated feature “The Pirate Fairy,” which focuses on the pixie and her friends way before she even met Peter Pan. The Pirate Fairy will feature Siriano’s trademark whimsical and show stopping designs, and will also feature a start studded voice cast that includes Christina Hendricks as Zarina – a dustkeeper fairy that falls in with a band of pirates, and Tom Hiddleston as a cabin boy named James, who will grow up to become a very important figure in Never Land.
I loved the challenge of this project. I haven’t designed for an animated character before, and I’m excited to take my skills into Zarina’s world. She’s a unique and new character and I wanted to help make her memorable and iconic. Disney characters are everlasting and I’m sohappy as a young designer to help create a bit of Disney history.
– Christian Siriano , Zarina Costume Designer
Zarina is a powerful character, able to run a Pirate Ship and we wanted her to be a strong, adventurous fairy. Christian is phenomenal at creating bold, amazing silhouettes that truly celebrate a woman for who she is – powerful, feminine and fierce. He was the perfect choice.
– Peggy Holmes, Director of THE PIRATE FAIRY
Latest posts by Neil Raymundo (see all)
- Youtube Red Debuts Trailer for Original Series, Kings of Atlantis - March 25, 2017
- Netflix Teases Live Action Death Note Adaptation Through New Trailer - March 23, 2017
- CG-Animated Resident Evil Film, Vendetta, Coming to Theaters Worldwide - March 23, 2017