Superbowl Sunday Cartoon Marathons
Just last Sunday, roughly three-quarters of the nation, and a decent-sized chunk of the world, was enthralled with the Super Bowl battle between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants. As the NFL season comes to a close, every football fan does what they can to soak in the day. But let’s not forget, even with that huge audience, there are still people out there who would rather spend their time cartooning. Thankfully, several channels and networks did what they could to offer an alternative to the big game, including a bunch of Super Marathons.
The below list captures just a few of the marathons. Were you watching any…?
- Phineas and Ferb on Disney XD (11am to 5pm EST)
- The Amazing World of Gumball on Cartoon Network (11am to 5pm EST, Note: There seems to be an hour-long block of The Looney Tunes Show nestled in the center of this one)
- Spongebob Squarepants on Nickelodeon (6pm to 8pm EST, preceded by two hours of iCarly and 2 hours of Victorious)
- DragonBall Z Kai on Nicktoons (3pm to 5pm EST, preceded by 2 hours of Power Rangers Jungle Fury)
- Strawberry Shortcake on The Hub (1pm to 3pm EST)
So for those of you who enjoy colorful cartoons and over the top violence… hope you enjoyed the bowl. The rest of us were watching animation all day!
Latest posts by magicfan (see all)
- Seth MacFarlane Talks ‘Flintstones’ At SXSW - May 5, 2013
- Nickelodeon announces plans for 650 more episodes of programming! - March 23, 2012
- Comcast announces plans for streaming video service - February 25, 2012