Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Young Justice at Comic-Con 2011
On most typical days, you don’t get to hang out with Scooby-Doo. Bugs Bunny likely isn’t going to walk up to you. And there’d be now regular way to meet the cast of Regular Show. However, at this year’s Comic-Con 2011 in San Diego, the icons of Cartoon Network will be making their way over to the Warner Bros. booth in some way or another. On Sunday, July 24th, Cartoon Network will do a booth takeover of the Warner Bros. section, in the spirit of Comic-Con’s Family Day. That includes meeting folks behind the scenes, and in front of them, from some of your favorite toons! Adventure Time, The Looney Tunes Show, Young Justice, Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated, MAD, and more. Check out the full press release for more details.
WARNER BROS. BOOTH WILL GET FAMILY DAY “TOON UP” COURTESY OF CARTOON NETWORK SUNDAY, JULY 24 AT COMIC-CON 2011
Twitter Pitch: WB booth gets @CartoonNetwork “toon up” @ Comic-Con, will transform overnight for family day: http://bit.ly/n9wjxt #WBSDCC #SDCC
BURBANK, Calif. (July 15, 2011) — Sunday is family day at Comic-Con, and this year for the first time, Warner Bros. Entertainment will partner with Time Warner sister company Cartoon Network on a daylong “booth takeover” initiative. On Sunday, July 24, at Comic-Con International: San Diego, the Warner Bros. booth — with its distinctive 30-foot tall replica of the iconic Warner Bros. water tower — will transform overnight into the Cartoon Network booth to create a fun, family friendly environment designed just for kids. In celebration of family day, Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. will present a day’s worth of kid-friendly events at the booth, including:
- Signings by stars and creators from “Regular Show,” “Adventure Time,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” and “Young Justice”
- The return of last year’s smash success kids’ Dance Party, featuring costumed characters like Scooby-Doo and Bugs Bunny. For 2011, dance party revelers will show off their hottest moves on a custom-made Liquid Fusion floor, allowing them to walk on water! (Figuratively, of course.)
- Live demonstrations by cartoonists and other artists, including iconic “MAD” illustrator Sergio Aragones
- One-of-a-kind giveaways and premiums from Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation, including the live giveaway of the Tweety car
Thirty-five workers will work over 500 combined hours to engineer a Cartoon Network rebrand of the 3,600-square-foot Warner Bros. booth, literally overnight, hanging all-new banners and booth signage to create an all-new environment.
CARTOON NETWORK BOOTH EVENT SCHEDULE SUNDAY, JULY 24
10:15am: “The Looney Tunes Show” autograph signing
10:15am: “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” autograph signing
11:00am: “Adventure Time” signing
11:15am: “Young Justice” signing
12:00pm: Cartoon Network Dance Party
12:45pm: Tweety car giveaway
01:00pm: Sergio Aragones live cartooning presentation
01:45pm: “Regular Show” signing
For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon.
Latest posts by ToonBarn Rob (see all)
- Ben Affleck Batman and Batmobile hits the intrawebs - May 13, 2014
- Ben 10 Omniverse: Rise of Heroes - February 1, 2014
- Ben 10: Omniverse Art Style – Good or Bad? - January 29, 2014