Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold launches next week
The caped crusader and the Mystery Inc. gang are partnering up in Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The new animated feature is heading to DVD and digital download stores on January 9th.
Super sleuths Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma join forces with the world’s greatest detective, Batman, when they discover that villains from both of their respective rogues’ galleries have also combined efforts to terrorize the city. With Scooby snacks in tow, the crime-fighting teams encounter classic Batman foes (Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn) and allies (The Question, Aquaman, Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter) along with a bevy of fiends from Scooby-Doo lore (Spooky Space Kook, Gentleman Ghost, Miner 49er, Ghost Clown). As always, you won’t know who the ultimate villain is until those “meddling kids” pull off the mask!
The film marks a return to the universe of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, which was a television series that ran between 2008 and 2011. The show was a more campy and fun take on the Gotham mythos, inspired by an early DC Comics series of the same name. The new movie sees reprisals from most of the show’s voice cast, as well as the usual crew behind the Mystery Inc.:
- Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo and Fred Jones
- Diedrich Bader as Batman
- Matthew Lillard as Shaggy Rogers
- Grey Griffin as Daphne Blake and Black Canary
- Kate Micucci as Velma Dinkley
- Jeff Bennett as Joker
- Jeffrey Combs as Question
- John DiMaggio as Aquaman
- Nika Futterman as Catwoman
- Nicholas Guest as Martian Manhunter
- John Michael Higgins as Riddler
- Tom Kenny as Penguin and Plastic Man
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Detective Chimp
- Tara Strong as Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy
- Fred Tatasciore as Harvey Bullock
Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold was directed by Jake Castorena, who previously directed episodes of Batman Unlimited and Justice League Action. The film’s story was envisioned by James Tucker, who served as the creator of The Brave and the Bold animated series. His ideas were fleshed out by scriptwriter Paul Giacoppo, who’s worked on shows like Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Transformers Robots in Disguise, and loads more. The movie’s produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment, and Hanna-Barbera Cartoons.
Knowledgeable Scooby and Batman fans might know this is far from the first time the two have met in the world of animation. In two episodes of 1972’s The New Scooby-Doo Movies, Batman ran into the Mystery Inc. crew for the first time. Then the groups met again in the 51st episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, which aired in 2011.
Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold’s runtime is set at 72 minutes. The film will have its world premiere at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood on Saturday, January 6, 2018. The DVD release will include the aforementioned New Scooby-Doo episodes as a bonus.
Latest posts by Takao (see all)
- Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold launches next week - January 5, 2018
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V season 3 debuts on Nicktoons - January 4, 2018
- Warner Archive unleashes Teen Titans season 1 on Blu-Ray - January 4, 2018