Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network lead 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards
Between last June and this May, we’ve had ourselves a nice little year of animation happiness. Just think of all the new shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Kick Buttowski, and returning legends like SpongeBob and Phineas and Ferb. Typically, we reward these great moments by … well, by watching them! Again and again in many cases. But the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has a better idea: nominating many of these greats for an Emmy, where winners will be selected during the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards. Juggernauts Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon lead the pack with 6 nominations a piece to their name. Disney is no slouch either, pulling in 2 nods toward the Disney Channel and one for Disney XD. The awards ceremony will air Sunday, September 18th at 8pm on Fox, but you can get a sneak peek at some of the toon-related categories right here
Outstanding Short-format Animated Program
- Adventure Time – It Came From The Nightosphere – Cartoon Network – Cartoon Network Studios
- Disney Prep & Landing: Operation Secret Santa – ABC – Walt Disney Studios
- Regular Show – Mordecai And The Rigbys – Cartoon Network – Cartoon Network Studios
- Robot Chicken – Robot Chicken’s DP Christmas Special – Cartoon Network – ShadowMachine and Stoopid Monkey in association with Adult Swim.
- SpongeBob SquarePants – That Sinking Feeling – Nickelodeon – Nickelodeon