The Hub Network’s Dog Days of Summer returns Aug 12-17
The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, celebrates “man’s best friend” with its annual “Dog Days of Summer” programming event, August 12–17, featuring a week of canine-themed movies and culminating in a marathon of the popular animated series “Pound Puppies” (Saturday, August 17, 6 a.m.–noon ET), produced by Hasbro Studios.
To kick off the tail-wagging celebration, the Hub Network will present a week of family-favorite, dog-themed prime-time movies, including:
· Monday, August 12, 8 p.m. ET: “Scooby-Doo” The live-action adaptation of the beloved animated series catches up with Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. gang as they meddle their way into a mystery that leads them into murky and supernatural waters. Stars Freddie Prinze, Jr. (“She’s All That”) and Sarah Michelle Gellar (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”).
· Tuesday, August 13, 8 p.m. ET: “Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed” – The lovable, easily frightened Scooby-Doo returns to the big-screen when Scooby and the Mystery Inc. sleuths confront an anonymous masked villain plotting to take over Coolsville. Stars Freddie Prinze, Jr. (“She’s All That”) and Sarah Michelle Gellar (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”).
· Wednesday, August 14, 8 p.m. ET: “Air Buddies” – Air Bud becomes the proud father of five adorable puppies with an unbelievable secret; they can talk. The talking, ball-playing pups embark on a daring rescue mission to save their parents from dognappers.
· Thursday, August 15, 8 p.m. ET: “Homeward Bound 2: Lost in San Francisco” – When Chance, Shadow and Sassy accidentally get separated from their vacationing owners, the pets navigate the streets of San Francisco, trying to find their home across the Golden Gate Bridge.
· Friday, August 16, 8 p.m. ET: “Air Bud 2: Golden Retriever” – In the adventurous sequel to “Air Bud,” Buddy, the hoop-shooting, hotshot canine tackles a new sport, football. Hopes for victory are sidelined when two sinister circus owners dognap Buddy for their star attraction.
The “Pound Puppies” marathon (Saturday, August 17, 6 a.m.–noon ET) will feature episodes of the pup-ular animated series and conclude with two all-new episodes, “The Watchdogs” and “Hail to the Chief.” In “The Watchdogs,” Strudel (Alanna Ubach) begins an exciting double life as Electronoggin, a nocturnal protector of helpless dogs, but her new night job threatens her crucial position on the Pound Puppies team. In “Hail to the Chief,” persnickety Agent Ping (Lauren Tom, “Futurama”) challenges Strudel to find the perfect home for rambunctious pup Chief (Justin Shenkarow, “Hey Arnold!”). Strudel eagerly accepts until she finds out that Chief’s perfect home is with the President’s daughters.
Viewers also have an opportunity to extend their engagement with “Pound Puppies” by playing the all-new “Pound Puppies: Puppy Care Academy” game at Hubworld.com/dogdays. In the interactive game, fans take care of the pups from the series by feeding, grooming and playing with them. By completing these activities, they earn coins to purchase accessories such as collars and tags for their pups. When they complete activities for all the pups, including three pets they can unlock, they will receive a certificate of awesomeness.
Additionally, starting Monday, August 12, the Hub Network will present “The Hub’s Profiles in Puppitude,” a series of video shorts that will highlight each of the pups on the Pound Puppies team and their corresponding breeds. The shorts will air on the network and online at Hubworld.com/dogdays.
Currently in its third season, “Pound Puppies,” follows a rag-tag team of shelter dogs dedicated to finding loving homes for lonely puppies. The series features the vocal talents of Eric McCormack (“Will & Grace”), Yvette Nicole Brown (“Community”), John DiMaggio (“Futurama”), Michael Rapaport (“Prison Break”) and Alanna Ubach (“Legally Blonde”). Betty White (“Hot in Cleveland”) also stars in the recurring role of the indomitable Agatha McLeish.
Latest posts by Marc Morrell (see all)
- Justice League vs The Fatal Five Interviews at WonderCon - April 17, 2019
- Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming to Digital (5/14) & 4K/Blu-ray (6/4) - March 17, 2019
- Reign of the Supermen Premieres & Interviews - December 31, 2018