This coming March (6th, to be exact) will see the release of Transformers Prime: Season One on Blu-Ray and DVD, and my oh my, what a wild ride it has been. Off the top of my head, here are the stuff that can serve as highlights of the first season:
- Starscream kills CliffJumper, and brings back Megatron in the same mini-series episode.
- Megatron [seemingly] perishes in one of the mini-series’ episodes, leaving Starscream in command.
- The autobots get a new set of enemies in MECH, what’s worth noting is that the MECH are human terrorists, not decepticons. In Prime’s own words: “Earth has spawned its own Decepticons… in Human skin.”
- The earth –SPOILER ALERT- is Unicron. Or to be more appropriate, the earth we are walking on is just crust that formed on top of Unicron. Instead of molten magma, our planet spews Dark Energon.
- Prime loses his memories and becomes a Decepticon under Megatron’s command.
Here are a few clips off the DVD that will help you get ready for the DVD release
Transformers Prime: Season One – Episode Clip: “Con Job”
Transformers Prime: Season One – Episode Clip: “Partners”
Transformers Prime: Season One – Episode Clip: “Show Intro”
Transformers Prime: Season One – Episode Clip: “One Shall Rise, Part 1″