Project Anime event offers insights into production
The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) will be hosting its Project Anime: Los Angeles event this July 2nd and 3rd. This networking event is focused on providing guidance and expertise to anime event organizers attending from all parts of the world, as well as showcase the convergence of Hollywood and anime.
Attendees will interact with producers, creators, business leaders, entrepreneurs, and more from across the globe, all committed to the integration of anime in film and strategies for businesses and events.
The confirmed speakers at the Los Angeles event include:
- Vincent Imaoka, Head of Toy Acquisitions at Hasbro
- Michael Masukawa, Manager of Strategy and Business Development of two-time Emmy Award-winning Secret Location – an Entertainment One company
- Marlene Sharp, Director, Production at LEVEL-5 abby, home of Yo-Kai Watch
- Deborah Gilels, publicist for Lupin the 3rd Part 4, Megalobox, and Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro for TMS Entertainment.
- Kaz Sasajima, Sr. Director, Media Unit, Sumitomo Corporation of Americas
“Since its inception, Project Anime has served the needs of the global anime event community, and it will continue to do so as it grows and evolves,” noted Ray Chiang, CEO, Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation. “Each year Project Anime links industry professionals to event organizers in order to promote growth in anime and events worldwide. We believe that 2019 Project Anime: Los Angeles will deliver an exciting, diverse group of speakers from a variety of industries, all who will share their insight and expertise with the attendees.”
Tickets for the event can be purchased at Eventbrite.